Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bathroom Inspiration

Although my current job has me talking about poop 90% of the time, this blog post is NOT about poop. Yeah!

We are probably adding on to our house pretty soon here. We will be adding a master suite (with a connected bathroom- don't have that yet- and a walk in closet- dream come true!) And we will be adding a new guest bathroom (because we will be removing the gross ugly, pink and blue current bathroom.

This summer we spent a couple of nights at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs (amazing!) and we were able to tour one of their cottages and I fell in LOVE with the bathroom!

First of all- I love cottage style! Secondly, our home was built in 1938 and we would like for the addition to look like it was original. So here are some pictures I took of the bathroom in the cottage while I was on tour. Embarrasing, I know.

LOVE the vanity! I find that I am drawn to the open shelf vanity style. I realize this may not be super practical (I use my current bathroom drawers daily), so maybe I'll find something that is a nice mixture of both.
I love the mix of stripes, subway tiles, and the cute floor!!

The little toliet room is precious. We probably will not add the phone feature :)
I liked that the tile comes up to the chair rail all the way around the room- very 1938. I will probably do bead board instead of tile. But same idea.
Ahhh... Love.
I love the openess- the soothing colors. The blues, grays, creams, and whites. I love the way it is simple, yet luxurious.

So that is my bathroom inspiration.

1 comment:

Jenni Austell said...

kell! that's a huge deal! i can't believe ya'll are doing all that! so exciting! something fun to look forward too! love you