Thursday, November 25, 2010

2010 Annual Friends Thanksgiving

The Saturday before Thanksgiving we fill our home with friends and FOOD!
Everyone brings a dish.
I make the turkey.
This year, we had so many people coming, I only made turkey and stuffing.
And I got to set the tables!
It was a bit of a challenge figuring out where to sit 24 people considering I only own 10 chairs.
So we borrowed tables and chairs from friends and family and made it work!
The dining room table sat 10 people... I used a variety of china, crystal, and napkins on each table.
I tied it all together by making the napkin rings out of scrapbook paper and a sticker.

The folding table held 8 friends.
LOVELY flowers! thanks to my friend Parris who brought them home from a dinner the night before. I am not ashamed of begging and borrowing.

A close up of the "napkin rings." just a strip of scrapbook paper, a little hot glue, and a cute sticker. Done and done.

looking back into the dining room. So full. So fun.

The round table sat 6 people.

I put a little appetizer spread on the coffee table.
People nibbled on it all night long, there was not much left in the end.

Yogurt covered pretzels, chex mix, cheese and crackers, cream cheese with jalepeno jelly. I also attempted some sweet and spicy nuts... I threw the recipe away after the party- NOT yummy.

The decorations at the front door- a happy greeting!

Kitchen decorations

The Drink Buffet in the laundry room.

Hot apple cider
coffee set to brew after dinner (this year I remembered the creamer, unlike last year)
Dr. Pepper, Coke, Diet Sodas, Sweet Tea, and Water

The Turkey!

I remembered to take a photo of it this year.
I tried stuffing it with rosemary after watching Pioneer Woman on Bobby Flay's throw down.
I think I could have used a LOT more rosemary.
The turkey was delicious! But I am still not good at carving.
Although I did learn some tricks from Bobby Flay.

The crew getting some food!

We had quite the spread...
turkey, stuffing, creamed corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, bacon wrapped green beans, broccoli cheese casserole, salad, cranberry sauce, and rolls

(proof that Ty's brother was there)
The Dessert Table
chocolate pie
Jake's Famous Chocolate chip cookies
Pumpkin Crisp (A-MAZ-ING!)
strawberry bread
And Cole's Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake! YUM!
The night ended with some intense games of Apples to Apples and Pit!
It was SO fun!
I think I laughed so hard and played so intensely that I obviously burned off all of the calories I consumed.
Obviously.

2 comments:

Elle said...

everything looks so beautiful! Well done Hostess! What a fantastic use of the laundry room!

Household Executive said...

It looked even more amazing in person! What a great night! Thanks for hosting!