Saturday, October 24, 2009

You Have Got to be Kidding Me!!

So when you drive to our neighborhood, you turn in on a main road. The road comes to a stop sign. Then it forks to the left or goes straight. If you veer to the left, you go to our house.

Ty NEVER stops at the stop sign at the fork. NEVER. I mean, he doesn't even SLOW down. Not even a little. He just keeps driving. at full speed.

I always say, "Ty, that was a stop sign." To which he replies, "Yeah, but nobody is around. It's fine." whatever.

Well, Wednesday I was rushing home. I had stopped by the gym to run my 3 miles for my training program and was a bit late getting home. Ty had a hair cut at 7 pm, so I needed to have dinner ready by 6ish so we could eat before he left.

I came to the stop sign at the fork. I slowed all the way down. I "basically" stopped. I kept going.

Guess what happened next... Yes. I GOT PULLED OVER. And I GOT A TICKET for running the stop sign. MY FIRST TICKET EVER!! In 12 and 1/2 years of driving, I got my first ticket for "rolling through a stop sign." The same stop sign my husband ignores completely.

Are you kidding me? I believe this is God's way of saying, "Kelley, you should obey the law to the fullest extent. Oh and take the plank out of your own eye when you tell Ty to stop at the stop sign, because you roll through it, and that is ticketable too." Thank you God. I learned my lesson.

I now fully stop at ALL stop signs. Ty continues to ignore the one at the fork. And I bet he never gets a ticket for it either. just my luck.

1 comment:

SplendidlyImperfect said...

I'm always griping at my husband for rolling through stop signs! I'm sorry you got a ticket. That stinks.