Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I love Day Light Savings!

Fall back time!! Love it!! first of all- these are the trees lining our drive way- beautiful!!!! Love the fall red!!


Here's our cute house with our fall flowers in bloom...


And the amazing part is.... these pictures were taken at 7:04 am- on my way to work!!! Normally I drive to work in the dark, but not this week! I love it!! So, join me as I document my drive to work in photo form.



I take a short cut through the neighborhood and stop at this light before turning on the main road (Garland Road). Sometimes I have to sit at this light for 3 minutes. As you can see, there is nothing much to look at and I get very bored here.

But then, the fun begins :) First I pass the Arboretum- beautiful! They always have some pretty flowers to look at. And on top of their wall they have big planters that they seem to change out weekly.

Then I pass the gorgeous White Rock Lake. We love living close to the lake.


Then I see the most amazing thing, runners and bikers! At 7 am doing 9 miles around the lake! and I think to myself, what time did they start running/biking? And what time to do they have to be at work? And how can I get that job?

Just after the lake, I make the next turn, Gaston Road. This road takes me all the way downtown and I only have to go through one school zone. Perfect.

I don't really know what this house is, but the flowers are beautiful and I was stopped at a light, so I took a picture.
Here we are at Baylor Hospital. This is important because every morning when I pass it I think of my friend Dr. Jen - she's in med school right now. I pray for her, then I decide that this is where she will do her residency so she can live with me in Dallas. I think about this every day.


And another favorite spot... the parking lot across from the hospital. No one was there today, but usually I see some people in scrubs leaving the lot. They look young- in fact they look like 4th year med students or residents to me, because they carry backpacks. They might not be, but they make me think of the people from Scrubs (love that show) and then I pray for the scrub wearing people.
Just after the hospital, I'm really in downtown. The pictures didn't really turn out of the tall buildings, but there is one place I pass that you can see right into the convention room- and it's fun to see how it's set up each day and the sales people (or whoever) waiting outside in suits at 7:15 to go inside and get started.
Then I pass the Dallas Art Museum, right now King Tut is on display. we're going to see him Thanksgiving weekend.

Last turn onto St. Paul.

There's First Baptist! (love the neon light)

I turn into the garage, and here's my parking spot.

Made it to school by 7:25 :) And all in the light! Love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are cracking me up. Seriously I hope you were safe driving to school. you big nut.

Whitney said...

You are hilarious. I love it. Thanks for the fun tour of your morning routine. I felt like I was right along in the passenger seat with ya! :)