Saturday, August 24, 2013

Valentine's Day Ideas

Found these photos from Valentine's Day (of 2012!!).  They were fun ideas then and are fun ideas now. Even if it is the middle of August, 2013.  I'm still going to post, because why not?
 
For Valentine's Day 2012 I had my 7th grade Bible study girls over for a fun luncheon! I had a blast decorating in all things pink and red!
(FYI for Valentine's Day 2013, I had a 1 week old. Hubby and I left the baby with my in-laws for our first time out on our own. We went on a date to... Target! Because my coffee maker broke that morning and you can imagine that a new mom MUST have her coffee!)
 
Okay - back to fun girly pink and red decorations.
 
Silver chargers, red swirly paper plates, heart napkins, red table cloth, heart fabric as a table runner, heart cut out made with a  heart punch
I used paint chips of reds and pinks and punched hearts.  Then I hot glued them to a red thread and glued a heart on the back of each as well so it would be double sided.  Hung it from my chandelier.  I LOVED this!  It was also the first decoration hubby asked me to take down.


For the centerpiece, I used my antique candle holder with red candles, on top of a white tray full of Valentine's candies.  (this was the girls favorite part of the whole day- there was no candy left in the end.)
On the fireplace... I hand cut some small hearts and sewed them with red thread.  I thought this was super cute too.
The guests were greeted with this cute chalkboard and candle right by the front door.
(as a side note, I received these adorable measuring cups from one of the girls that day.  Haven't used them for measuring yet, but have used them to serve small items.)
This was in the kitchen, some white roses, a gorgeous Anthro plate on display (I love buying single anthro plates to put out like this), and a heart bowl.
I punched red hearts and used them to label the food. (note to self: 7th grade girls are still picky eaters.  They do not care for home made chicken salad or home made pimiento cheese.  Stick to pizza and quit wasting your time.)
After the party was over, I left this table out for a few days (until the actual Valentine's day). I changed out the paper plates for some pretty white plates. 


And now onto a fun idea from my school Valentine's party (of 2012)... one of the sweet moms who was in charge of bringing bottled waters really spiced it up! She used red duct tape to cover the water bottle label and then let her daughter add Valentine's stickers.  So festive and SO simple!  Love it!

Okay... maybe I'll post some more recent photos soon :)

No comments: