Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Gallery Wall

I realize it's been a long time since I posted last.  Since that post I have...
been pregnant.
had a baby.
gone back to work.
stopped working outside of the home.
designed a nursery.
changed 1,000,023 diapers.
celebrated 6 months of my sweet boy's life.
celebrated 6 years of marriage.
and many other things.
 
So why not just start posting with a gallery wall since I did this last week instead of trying to catch up on over a year of life.
 
We have a LONG hallway in our home. I mean super long.  Everyone who walks down the hall of our home always says "wow, this is along hall."  And it is.  My mom refers to it as a bowling alley.  And one day Caleb (my son) and I will probably bowl down it.
It's in the addition of our home, which we completed 2 years ago.  And the walls have been bare ever since.  Much to my hubby's dismay. In my mind, it was always going to be a gallery wall of family photos.  I was just waiting for our family to grow. 
 
And now that Caleb is 6 months old, we have plenty of photos to begin the wall. 
 
I researched pinterest to see what stood out to me in gallery walls.  They can so easily become sloppy, messy, chaotic.
I was drawn to...
 
~ white frames
~ simple frames with some variation
~ variety of sizes
~ asymmetry
~ colored photos
 
My favorite inspiration picture had an accent of 1 color in the frames and mats, I decided to do that as well.  I also noticed that they displays I liked most all had a pretty defined bottom row, so I tried to do that as well.  This is a work in progress.  I plan on adding more frames over time.  Also, I don't have photos for all of the frames yet, so some frames just have scrapbook paper in them.
 
 And here it is...




Hope you enjoyed it!  I enjoyed putting it together! So fun to walk down the hall and see fun family photos!

No comments: