Friday, May 11, 2012

An Attempt to Blog... Again

Well... not sure what happened... I was doing so well- blogging, taking photos, blogging.  and then, Nothing.  Sorry. 

So, today is my first day of summer break. And after some sweet encouragement from dear friend Sarah... here I am!  Thanks Sarah! Get ready for a lot of random and way overdue posts...

A Classroom Lamp

I've always had a table lamp in my classroom. Just makes it look home-y.  Is that a word?
Well I inherited a plain white lamp years ago from another teacher.  I immediately painted the base blue and then hot glued some dangly sequin ribbon to the lamp shade. (apparently "dangly" is not a word according to spell check.  Spell check did not consult me. I disagree.)  Don't have a picture of that lamp.  It was like that for a few years. and it was cute. But time for a change.  The white shade had gotten dirty and was not cleanable.

So- I found some fabric scraps, copied an idea I saw on one of my favorite blogs (Whatever) and grabbed my hot glue gun... here she is...




I loved it!  Made me happy all spring!  Ty did not love it! He was super glad to see it go into my car and go to school.  Definitely a "kid friendly" or "classroom" lamp.  or a craft room. Could be super cute in a craft room.

Yay! one blog post done!!  :)

No comments: