Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bringing in a new Decade!

Why are all of these people at our house??? And what are they so happy about???






It's ME! I'm turning 30! (okay, so I turned 30 a long time ago- like 2 weeks ago- but who says you can't celebrate for a whole month??)


And what a sweet Hubby I have! he planned me the BEST 30th birthday party!! Nope, not a surprise, but full of my favorites- and very well thought out!!
We had a party in the backyard with all of the construction :) Celebrating the mess!
Decorations!! (no I didn't decorate for my own birthday party? why would you think that? okay, I did. I LOVE decorating! so this was a TREAT! I didn't clean or make food- just decorate! What a blast!)





Tables every where! We had about 30 people (for a 30th birthday!)
I filled bowls with my favorite candies- Cadbury mini eggs and M&M pretzels. YUM! and look at my cute new anthropologie plate- LOVE IT!! Yes, I bought it for myself as a birthday gift! how did you know??
Fun girls!!
YUMMY FOOD!! Green chile chicken enchiladas and yummy rice
salad, fruit, and all of the fixings

DESSERT! we call this "Sin on a plate." We had it the night we got engaged and I've been thinking about it ever since. It's that delicious roll filled with whipped cream, then add fresh berries and amazing chocolate fudge sauce! WOW! in fact, we have a whole log left over and in the freezer- I'm hungry now!!
Singing happy birthday. What are you supposed to do during this time? I never know. I'm always embarrased. Everyone just looks at you.
I get to work with her every day. fun times.
Ty even planned for us to have GAMES! he hates games, I LOVE GAMES! So we had cornhole and washers! Awesome! and the weather was PERFECT! thank you Lord!

Joey and I played washers, MO style, and for the record- I destroyed him.
Oh yeah, that's my little brother. That was the one surprise of the weekend, Ty flew Joey in from LA as a surprise- PERFECT!! I loved it!!
The gifts! so sweet. not expected! so fun! and look at all of the cute wrappings!!
Sunday after church- a quick bite to eat before taking Joey to the airport.
My two favorite men. Love them both.

Ahh... I am now 30. And the parties are over. Time to act 30. I'm so old. I'm so smart. Kidding. but that's what I tell people, being 30 makes you smart :)