Monday, May 4, 2009

Back to JOYFUL

well... a few monumental things have happened lately.

First of all, I mentioned in an earlier post my negative attitude creeping in due to job stuff. Actually I'm not sure how specific I was, but that was the problem.

Anyways... Thursday we had a huge faculty meeting and the Pastor of the church (that our school is affiliated with) came and spoke. And let me just say, God is good! My heart was convicted of my negativity. Which is a good thing.

And even better... I originally got into teaching as a ministry. I know the Lord has called me to ministry and I have figured out (through the process of elimnation and other jobs) that the type of ministry is teaching. The classroom is the perfect place for many hours of uninterrupted influence!! Just think of how much your elementary teachers impacted you. I guarantee you still know all of their names! Now imagine if they had been guiding you toward the Lord and a Godly life... the impact is huge!

Well, back to last Thursday. Basically the Pastor spelled out a vision for exactly this type of intentional ministry! He knows some changes need to occur to reach the goal, but that is the goal! So I am totally onboard with a VERY happy heart!! I can't wait to be a part of this ministry and even more exciting, help BUILD it!!

So, my joy is back. The Lord has restored me. I feel refreshed and ready to take on the challenges!! I can't wait for the next school year!

No comments: