Monday, May 4, 2009

More Silliness

My happy heart has even allowed me the privilege of sharing some funny kid stories...

1. Some missionary friends are in town visiting and they came to school today to talk with some of the kids. We were in the kindergarten class talking about what missionaries do and where they live and stuff like that. Then Josh gave each student a bracelet made in the Philipines but said they could only have the bracelet if they promise to pray for his family and for people in the Philipines. All the kids quickly yelled "I promise!" "Promise" "I'll pray" things like that. Then from the back of the room we heard, "THOMAS!" oh man, I thomas to pray for you! Ha!

2. I was teaching 3rd grade and was going to explain why so many South and North American countries speak Spanish. I asked the kids, "Who discovered America or the New World?" I heard many names come up, but my favorite answer (again very loudly) was "American Einstein!" Now that's a name i've never quite heard before!

No comments: