Thursday, April 9, 2009

Kindergarten

Today in kindergarten Spanish, I had 2 of the most random and weird comments ever.

#1.
I was passing out posters to color, when I hear a little boy say, "Hurry up woman! You're taking forever!" (He, of course, got in trouble. But I couldn't wait for class to end so that I could laugh about it without him knowing.)

#2.
This little girl is going to Disney World. I'm not quite sure when though. She told me about her trip a few weeks ago and I made the mistake of telling her that I LOVE DisneyWorld and used to go every year because my grandma lives close by. I then told her about my favorite ride and the yummy ice cream on Main Street.

This was a mistake because she wants to talk about it and hear about my favorite ride EVERY time I see her now.

But today, she had a much different question. Instead of the daily, "About Disneyworld, what's your favorite ride?" question, today I was greeted with, "About Disneyworld, what's your grandma's name?"

"My grandma's name? oh, well she doesn't actually live IN Disneyworld, just close by."

"I know. But what's her name so I can meet her when I'm there?"

"oh okay, well, Elizabeth."

"great, I'm going to meet her. thanks."

(good luck)

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

So funny. My little sister is like....love to re-hear stories. Cute!
And the boy's comment....oh my, so funny....how did you contain yourself?

The Hunters said...

Hi Kelley
It's Shelly Hunter here. I happened upon your blog when I was on Phillip's facebook one day. I used to teach K-2 so I know there are TONS of funny stories. Glad you are documenting them. And glad you are doing well! We have a blog too, check it out!