Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Are You Tired?

On most school nights I go to bed between 9 and 10. I wake up early and have to have energy all day long, so its good to get to bed early.

Since spring break, I've not gone to bed until 10-10:30 each night. I'm pretty tired because of it. It's a bad habit and it's wearing me out.

Last night we had a re-scheduled soccer game for 9 pm. Yes, that's right. We were scheduled to BEGIN a 90 minute game at 9 PM. I did not really look forward to this, but I had to go. The team NEEDED me. (yeah, they needed me to kick the ball to the other team and lose it a lot and not score and run around and freeze my ears off. But that's for another post.)

So it ended about 11. I went home, showered, got in bed, and read some to unwind. I went to sleep near midnight.

Today, I'm tired. That's an understatement really. I'm so tired that I can't stop thinking about being tired. You know what I'm talking about?

When my 4th grade class walked in, the girls looked at me and said "are you tired?" "yes I am," I replied. I was then bombarded with these responses:

"we can tell because your hair is real messy."
"you don't look good."
"you keep yawning."
And my personal favorite, "Normally when you're happy, you're hair curls under more. but today it's just flat."

I think it's time for a nap.

No comments: