Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Organization Obsession

One of my favorite boards to post to on pinterest is my Organization Obsession board. 
Because I'm obsessed with being organized.
Sometimes I over-organize things so much that it becomes a burden to keep up with and thus leads to many piles around the house.
I realize this defeats the purpose.
But I love the thrill of coming up with a good "system."
Even when that system becomes hard to maintain.
And eventually I may revamp the system into a workable system.
This is success.

So enough talk... on to my current favorite organized spot in my house...
my children's books "library."
You see, as a teacher you buy a lot of books for your classroom.  And over the years, I've collected a lot of books.
But, my new classroom is shared with a 7th grade class on Monday, Wed, Friday.
So there is not room for all of my books.
Instead I take in a stack of books that are seasonally appropriate and put them on my 2 shelves.
the rest stay at home.
So last August, I organized my books by season or topic and put up dividers, now I can quickly reach in and grab the books I need.

I love this system. And seeing it every time I open the closet makes my heart happy! 
Oh to be organized!

No comments: