Monday, February 6, 2012

Canton Find

We spent Saturday in Canton, TX shopping at the First Mondays Trade Show.  First Mondays is a HUGE flea market that happens the weekend of the first Monday of the month. It runs Thursday- Sunday. Nope, not open on Monday at all. Very confusing.

But anyway, we love going. You can find literally everything under the sun there. Literally.
And it's spread out over many acres, so you get a lot of walking in. Which makes you feel good about the fact that you ate fries for lunch and sampled a million different sweets along the way.

Okay, so onto my Canton find.  I was on the hunt to dress up this window above the tub in our master bathroom. (Sorry for the dark picture, the sun was streaming in and I just couldn't fix it with my point and shoot camera).
Before...
 After...
 I found these awesome iron and wood decoration things (no clue what to call them).
I loved the idea of bringing some wood onto this wall since the mirrors on the opposite wall are dark wood as well.  Feels more balanced now. Plus dresses up the window.
 The distressed paint even has some blues in it... LOVE!

A successful Canton trip.

No comments: