Thursday, January 5, 2012

Quick Life Update

After months of not blogging, I just jumped right back in.  And I have loved posting random pictures of decorations and my throat and my brother's socks.  But I realize there has been a lot of life that has been lost in the gap.  SO allow me a few moments, without pictures of my throat, to tell you what's new.

Blessings from 2012 (= life update)

~ our home addition that I posted about is complete. Well basically, there are a few things left to finish, but it is more finished than the last post about it.  And we LOVE it.  It gives us room to store things, room to live, room to grow as a family. 

~ I have a new job... actually a FEW new jobs.  All of which God has provided at JUST the right time, not a moment late and not a moment early (which always gave me a few moments to panic).

~ First main job... Teaching Kindergarten again!!  I am at a new school called Grace Prep Academy.  It is a 45 minute drive from my home, but I LOVE it!!  It is a university model school, so I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays and then the kids homeschool on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  I am 100% in charge of the curriculum, I give the parents the assignments and I grade them, but I only GO to school 2 days a week.  Not only is that an incredible set up, I have the BEST class I've ever had.  I am talking sweet sweet kids with basically ZERO behavior problems!!  This type of schooling attracts a certain type of family, which means AWESOME class for me!!

~ Next job.... subbing.  I have been subbing on Fridays in the local public schools. I have spent much of my time in 1st grade bilingual rooms and have LOVED it! I dont' think I'd like that full time- LOTS of work- but super fun to be a sub.  They are always VERY sweet kids!

~ Next DREAM job... scrapbooking.  I have a dear friend in my Sunday School who has a 2 year old and a baby on the way. She was stressed about not having a scrapbook and asked if she could pay me to make one.  This has been super fun!  I love getting to be creative with someone else's money! And I can work quickly on it since I am not emotionally tied to the pictures. I can easily eliminate something for the sake of design :)  Hoping she loves the results. I plan on finishing it this week because...

~ New job! As of yesterday, I have been hired to be a lady's technical assistant. I guess that's the right word.  I will work 8 hour days on Mondays and Wednesdays and do computer stuff for her.  She has 3 main things in her life that I will work on... 1. Juice Plus (she is WAY up there in Juice Plus), 2. LifeSavers (she started this amazing ministry which I already volunteer for) and 3. Bible study.  So basically I'll send her emails and create her newsletters, format her Bible study documents, work her business and ministry facebook pages, help organize, run, and execute events for her.  And who knows what else. But I did 2 hours of training yesterday and that's what I learned so far (not how to do it all, but what I'm responsible for).  I really like her and am excited to work for her and get to know her better.  And, again, this consistent job comes at JUST the right time for our family!!

~ Trips... we took a few trips this past year that were amazing. Top of the list: Hawaii!! I  will post photos from that soon. 

~ Friends - this past year I started a women's Bible study with the girls from our Sunday School.  Many of the women got pregnant over the year and we have had the joy of praying for them and watching their new children come into this world (not literally watching, I was NOT in the delivery room).  And one of my dear friends had TRIPLETS!!  And it has been so fun being a part of that process! I have some sweet photos of the triplets and will post them eventually too.

SO that is my year in review... the main points. the highlights. the blessings.  the answers to prayers. 

If I've learned anything in 2011, it's that God is faithful.  He is who He says He is. And He will do what He says He will do.  And I love Him for that.

No comments: